Pages

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Coop

http://sneezingcow.com/

I have a small obsession with anyone who finds a way to make a living doing what they love. It seems like most of us have hobbies and a job and n'ere the twain do meet.
I am lucky, I love teaching and I love being a mom. I just wish I had twice as much time to do both. Since I haven't figured that out yet, instead I read about people who seem to have so much time that they are even able to reflect and write about their lives. What luxury!
Michael Perry is an absolute master of this magical use of time. He is a prolific writer, musician and performer with a fabulous website and a good relationship with his family and neighbors. In this book he chronicles his beginnings with livestock and his experiences as a father, especially the challenge of balancing both. He is unafraid of his mistakes and his acknowledgement of his shortcomings is what makes this book interesting and inspiring, rather than self-indulgent.
Perry works hard at doing what he loves and is successful. Who wouldn't enjoy reading about a life like that?

No comments:

Post a Comment