Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Living in the Country...

There are quite a few country, back-to-the-land style publications on the market today. I enjoy many of them, but my favorite is Countryside. This magazine isn't much to look at. No glossy pictures, and the black and white type is dingy. The reason I prefer it over so many others is its practicality. All of the articles in Countryside are written by and for real homesteaders. Country people who don't have thousands of dollars to   contribute to a project, but instead use ingenuity and hard work to get the job done. That is homesteading advise I can use! I don't always agree with the viewpoints Countryside's contributers express. I don't always have a need for the projects they describe, but I do appreciate a magazine that encourages the use of available materials and practical solutions.

No comments:

Post a Comment