Pages

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mourning Mothering

Mothering magazine recently announced the elimination of their print magazine, moving to a web-only format. I have been a faithful subscriber, anticipating each new issue, since 2006 and I am so disappointed that this resource won't be available for other parents searching for support.
Mothering reinforced the parenting decisions that others questioned and provided resources for many of my questions through the years.
Mothering made me proud to breastfeed my children, even in public, and NEVER in a restroom.
Mothering taught me to wear my babies and how to sleep with them safely (I used a co-sleeper when they were tiny).
Mothering reinforced my belief in gentle discipline and reassured me that sparing the rod will NOT spoil the child.
Mothering encouraged me to rethink and question common medical interventions like circumcision, vaccines and cesareans.
Mothering encouraged me to experience un-medicated birth and to relish every experience with my family.
I truly hope that the mothering.com format will continue to inspire and guide all those who are seeking...
mothering.com

No comments:

Post a Comment