Pages

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Made From Scratch


For some reason, before I started this book I thought it was a about crafts. I was mildly disappointed to find it is a memoir, but only for a minute! I soon discovered that the author Jenna Woginrich is someone I would love to have as a friend. She started out with window boxes and and progressed to a farm house with chickens, rabbits and gardens. She did this by herself while working a full time real job. I would guess that she didn't intend to be a roll model for young women, but anyone as successful as she, especially under the age of thirty, is doing just that. I enjoyed her sense of humor and individualism and I even tried her bread recipe. (Its in the oven now!) I plan to follow her blog too, I am sure she has more to share.

http://coldantlerfarm.blogspot.com/

1 comment:

  1. You must tell me all about this bread recipe! There's nothing better than making bread by hand. Also, this sounds like a fantastic read- I'll def be looking it up when I'm back in the states.

    ReplyDelete