Pages

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Farming...


I don't have a hobby farm, but I'd like to some day. I could never be a large-scale commercial farmer, but a few chickens, a goat and a horse would make me hugely happy. So far, I just have gardens. So while I am still dreaming, I read. 
Hobby Farms magazine is a great mix of beautiful pictures and practical articles, just right for cold winter days wishing for spring. The articles discuss gardening, livestock, pasture and barn maintenance and technology. Some of the ideas are rare and costly, but most are realistic and practical, a feature that sets this publication apart from others like it. 



Hobby Farm Home is the companion magazine and it covers the overlapping topics of gardening, food preservations, crafting and cooking. Although these are domestic tasks, the focus in not too cute or flowery, instead providing practical advice for simple, attractive results. The appealing photography and realistic suggestions make both of these a great choice for anyone dreaming of a simple, self-sufficient lifestyle.

No comments:

Post a Comment